Extending the central office enterprise environment to remote branch office locations gives employees greater flexibility while enhancing productivity and reducing costs.
Cisco Virtual Office solution is an umbrella of technologies and products that delivers secure data, voice, and video communication to remote teleworkers and branch offices, providing to remote employees a seamless office-caliber experience to wherever they may be located.
A high level network topology of two remote branch offices with the enterprise central site is shown in the figure below:
The components that constitute the Cisco Virtual Office solution include the following products and technologies:
REMOTE BRANCH LOCATION:
In the remote user premises, the equipment includes Cisco 800 series ISR (Integrated Services Routers) to provide secure IPSEC VPN connectivity towards the central site, together with unified 7900 series IP Phones that offer voice and video communication with the central call manager system.
CENTRAL SITE LOCATION:
The equipment and technologies here include a VPN termination device (which can be either a VPN router or a Cisco ASA Firewall), central call manager system for voice and video control, and central management software for policy enforcement, authentication services, identity management etc.
- Comparison of BGP Confederations vs Route Reflectors
- What are BGP Confederations-Explanation and Discussion (With Cisco Example)
- What is BGP Route Reflector – Explanation and Discussion (with Cisco Example)
- What is a Wildcard Mask – All About Wildcard Masks Used in Networking
- Passing non-IP Traffic over IPSEC VPN using GRE over IPSEC