Today I have officially launched my new ebook “Cisco ASA Firewall Fundamentals – 3rd Edition” which is probably the most updated and practical Cisco ASA tutorial out there. It covers the newest ASA version 9.x (plus older versions as well) and all content in the book is applicable for both ASA 5500 and 5500-X series.
I wrote the original First Edition of “Cisco ASA Firewall Fundamentals” in 2008. Since then, I have been updating and enhancing the ebook with all new developments and features that Cisco adds to the ASA product line.
This Third Edition of the book is completely updated to cover the latest ASA version 9.x. All configuration commands, features etc will work on the newest ASA 9.x (in addition to older 8.x versions) and also on the newest ASA 5500-X models. This updated book Edition includes also extensive new content, making it one of the most complete ASA books available in the market. I believe that the Third Edition ebook will be a valuable resource for both beginners and experienced ASA professionals.
This ebook (PDF Format) is filled with raw practical concepts, step-by-step configuration tutorials, more than 50 colorful network diagrams to explain the scenarios, Complete Configuration Examples, real-world cases that you will not find anywhere else etc. There is no fluff or redundant information.
Some of the new topics added in the book include:
- Basic, Advanced, and Scanning Threat Detection
- IKEv2 IPSEC VPN (site-to-site)
- IKEv2 Remote Access VPN (Using Anyconnect Secure Mobility Client)
- Anyconnect SSL VPN using Self-Signed ASA Certificate
- Anyconnect SSL VPN using Certificates from the Local CA on ASA for Certificate Based Authentication together with username/password (two factor)
- Anyconnect SSL VPN using 3rd Party CA Certificates.
- Per-Session PAT and multi-session PAT for version 9.x
- Access Control List (ACL ) changes introduced in ASA v9.x
- Time-based ACLs
- Master Passphrase Configuration.
- Identity Firewall Configuration (ASA configuration, AD Agent Configuration etc).
- IPv6 Routing (static IPv6, OSPFv3 for IPv6)
- Quality of Service Configuration (Traffic Policing, Traffic Shaping, Priority Queuing)
- Cisco ASA 5505 chapter (hardware, license, configuration)
Those are the additional topics added in 3rd Edition. The rest of the book covers much more content which comprise the most important features and configurations that you will encounter in Cisco ASA firewalls.
I believe that this ASA Configuration Guide will be a valuable resource for any Cisco Professional for years to come. Again, keep in mind that by purchasing this ebook you will be getting huge discounts of the future updated editions of the book that I will be publishing. Just make sure to subscribe to my “Customers’ email list" (at the download page after purchasing the book) in order to be eligible for the discounts.