All Cisco ASA firewall models from 5510 and higher, include an extra ethernet interface for management. By default, this specific interface is set to management-only mode, which means that it can receive traffic only, but it does not allow traffic to pass through to other interfaces.
In order to enable the Management 0/0 interface to act as a normal Firewall interface, use the following configuration:
asa (config)# interface management 0/0
asa (config-if)# no management-only
With the above, you just added one more normal firewall interface to your appliance since the management interface can now pass through traffic just like any other interface.
- Cisco ASA Firewall Packet Tracer for Network Troubleshooting
- How to Pass BGP Sessions through Cisco ASA Firewall (BGP Pass Through)
- Cisco ASA Virtual Firewall Configuration (with Config Example)
- Cisco ASA Master PassPhrase (How to Show Encrypted Password)
- How to Configure Static Routing on Cisco ASA Firewall