Cisco announced more details about its new ASA models (5506, 5508) which are using FirePOWER services and are geared towards small and medium size businesses.
According to Cisco, the new ASA models are “industry’s first threat-focused Next Generation Firewalls” and offer application visibility and control, advanced malware protection (using AMP Threat Grid), next generation intrusion prevention, unified on-box management etc.
The new models are the following:
- 5506-X – Desktop threat centric NGFW for small and home offices as well as small businesses
- 5506W-X – Desktop threat centric NGFW with Integrated wireless access point
- 5506H-X – Ruggedized threat centric NGFW for Industrial environments
- 5508-X and 5516-X – 1RU threat centric NGFW for branch offices and midsize businesses
Pricing and Availability
The solution is available now. Pricing starts at US $995 including a Cisco ASA with FirePOWER Services appliance and management.
- Cisco ASA as DHCP Server with Multiple Internal LANs (Configuration)
- Cisco ASA Firewall with PPPoE (Configuration Example on 5505)
- Allowing Microsoft PPTP through Cisco ASA (PPTP Passthrough)
- Configuring site-to-site IPSEC VPN on ASA using IKEv2
- How to Configure OSPF on Cisco ASA Firewall (Example Config and Troubleshooting)