Cisco announced recently a new WAN Router model, the ASR 1000 series. This is a high performance integrated services device, which can be used for both Enterprise and Service Provider networks. One of the key hardware design features of this router model is its Cisco QuantumFlow processor which can support any current and future services at line rates without compromising network performance.
When we speak about performance, it really breaks the barrier especially in security performance features. It delivers 10Gbps firewall throughput and multigigabit encryption.
There are three router models available:
- ASR 1002: Scalable to 10 Gbps Software redundancy 4 built-in Gigabit Ethernet ports. 3 SPA Slots.
- ASR 1004: Scalable to 10 Gbps+ Software redundancy. 8 SPA Slots
- ASR 1006: Scalable to 10 Gbps+ Hardware redundancy. 12 SPA Slots.
- Comparison of Static vs Dynamic Routing in TCP/IP Networks
- Cisco OSPF DR-BDR Election in Broadcast Networks – Configuration Example
- How to Configure Port Forwarding on Cisco Router (With Examples)
- The Most Important Cisco Show Commands You Must Know (Cheat Sheet)
- Cisco Show IP Route Command (Routing Table)-Example and Explanation