Cisco announced recently a new WAN Router model, the ASR 1000 series. This is a high performance integrated services device, which can be used for both Enterprise and Service Provider networks. One of the key hardware design features of this router model is its Cisco QuantumFlow processor which can support any current and future services at line rates without compromising network performance.
When we speak about performance, it really breaks the barrier especially in security performance features. It delivers 10Gbps firewall throughput and multigigabit encryption.
There are three router models available:
- ASR 1002: Scalable to 10 Gbps Software redundancy 4 built-in Gigabit Ethernet ports. 3 SPA Slots.
- ASR 1004: Scalable to 10 Gbps+ Software redundancy. 8 SPA Slots
- ASR 1006: Scalable to 10 Gbps+ Hardware redundancy. 12 SPA Slots.
- Configuring GRE Tunnel Through a Cisco ASA Firewall
- The Protocol of the Internet – eBGP and iBGP Tutorial and Configuration
- How to Configure Static Routing on Cisco IOS Routers (Examples)
- Redistribution Between Cisco EIGRP into OSPF and Vice Versa (Example)
- Configuring Local Username and Password on a Cisco IOS Router