The Cisco Integrated Services Router (ISR) technology concept, that was initially implemented on 1800, 2800, 3800 series, is now available on the small office and small business models in the 800 series routers. The ISR technology integrates several networking and security features on one device, such as wireless networking, security firewall, virtual private networks, quality of service etc. More specifically, some of the features included on one device include a built-in firewall, encryption, protection against hackers, 4-port switch, up to 10 virtual private network connections for allowing remote employees to access the LAN, prioritization for voice, wireless connectivity etc.
The following table shows all the 800 series models with some of their importand features.
|Models & Ideal Location||Type of Connection||Number of VPN Users|
|851 – Small business or remote site||Ethernet, Fast Ethernet||5|
|857 – Small business or remote site||Broadband||5|
|871 – Small business or remote site||Ethernet, Fast Ethernet||10|
|876 – Small business or remote site||Broadband over ISDN||10|
|877 – Small business or remote site||Broadband||10|
|878 – Small business or remote site||Broadband||10|
- Comparison of Static vs Dynamic Routing in TCP/IP Networks
- Cisco OSPF DR-BDR Election in Broadcast Networks – Configuration Example
- How to Configure Port Forwarding on Cisco Router (With Examples)
- Adjusting MSS and MTU on Cisco 800 routers for PPPoE over DSL
- The Most Important Cisco Show Commands You Must Know (Cheat Sheet)